SIL-MAG, SIL-TRA and TeamSystem ACG Enterprise for true Cloud Outsourcing management
The customer manages Logistic Outsourcing services on its own platforms or at the customer’s warehouse, offers VAT storage services for the entry of goods from abroad and helps its customers to realize their business by developing an optimized logistics chain for their own needs.
The customer presented an obsolete IT infrastructure, based on IBM and Windows platforms that were no longer able to meet the growing needs that customers required. In addition, a scalable infrastructure was needed to manage costs in line with new needs.
Using the WestPole cloud, we have migrated the SIL-MAG ® and SIL-TRA ® platforms to an environment with optimal performance and through the activation of the HA and DR service, which is also extremely safe and guarantees the continuity of your business.
In a second phase, the accounting / administrative system based on TeamSystem ACG Enterprise was also migrated to the cloud
Migrating customer systems to the cloud helped define several benefits:
- Lower the initial fixed costs for the purchase of HW and SW
- Have greater contractual flexibility based on changing needs
- Have more attention to your core business. Human resources are raised by heavy management tasks for their IT infrastructure
- Have greater scalability of resources as needed
- Have access to corporate systems on the move from your devices at any time and place
- Security systems always enabled and backup services, HA and DR ad hoc on your needs
- Being independent of peripherals, you are therefore not bound to use particular hardware or certain network configurations
SIL-TRA on IBM Power-i and management via APP checking transport costs
The customer is an important reality on the national scene in the sector of detergent and soap production, with production plants distributed in northern Italy. Over the years, the growth of revenue and the acquisitions of new companies have shifted the focus on technological innovation processes as a source of development and value creation
The management of logistics and the various warehouses, optimizing costs and organizing the downtime of transport operations, represented a problem that had not yet been resolved.
SIL-TRA ® for the management of the administrative costs of transport and Load Manager + Tracking Portal for monitoring and the status of the deliveries of the goods, allowing the transporter to view only the assigned and / or booked work assignments.
The solution provided for an IBM Power i infrastructure interconnected with an Open cloud environment of the Load Manager platform, integrating the use of smartphones and related App for reading the QR Code applied to DDT / shipping / travel.
The advantages obtained by the customer were immediately evident:
- Get a better and cheaper Transport Service
- Monitor the status of goods deliveries
- Provide carriers with a portal to view assignments with information from:
- Collection booking (to be made on the Load Manager portal via API)
- Expected delivery date / time
- Actual date / time of collection and delivery
Furthermore, through the Apps it is possible to:
- manage the booking of your goods loading / unloading slot at the reference warehouse
- monitor the service status of your fleet, check the final balance (km traveled, hours of travel, etc.) and generate KPIs
SIL-MAG and COGNOS BI with TM1 winning combination for the Company’s growth
The customer is an important multinational company with headquarters in Italy that produces technical safety tools for various sports as well as extreme sports.
The marketing of new products and the growing market demands have made the use of new warehouses, essential for storing goods. The software used by the customer for their management had limits and not integrated with the recently implemented SAP Administrative / Accounting modules.
A solution for the management of new warehouses that could communicate with SAP was indispensable. The customer had to get up quickly.
SIL-Mag ® has been inserted as WMS department of the customer’s information system and powered with a series of interfaces to and from other systems, SAP included.
The tight deadlines went well with the flexibility of SIL-Mag and with the experience of our staff. Like other projects, action was also taken with the customization of IBM Cognos Analytics BI dashboards requested and consulted by the customer’s management.
With SIL-Mag the customer has obtained:
- Answers to the specific needs of logistics and traceability
- The possibility of using radio frequency tools, but also function only on the basis of paper documents (storage, inventories, order preparation …)
- To manage multi-activities and multi-clients
- A system that interfaces with other systems in an easy and flexible way
- To process the print spools, related to transport documents, XAB, letterhead,… and to transform them into PDF documents, to send them by e-mail or FTP or to archive them on their own file system
With dashboards created with IBM Cognos Analytics BI:
- Find answers and discover information that may not be obvious or expected
- Easily share reports produced in different formats
Safety footwear and technical tools for motorcycles and racing cars
Semi-finished products in aluminum and non-ferrous metals
Intermodal logistics, goods storage, goods processing
CONQORD OIL – Gruppo Q8
Transport and logistics
GRUPPO DESA / Chanteclair – Spuma di Sciampagna – Sauber
House cleaning and personal care
Semi-finished products in aluminum and stainless steel
Third party warehouse
Logistics and transport
Economy of Communion Center
Paper, cardboard and stationery
Typical delicatessen products
Wholesale and distribution of household goods, hardware and toys
Cutlery and household items